Aquicultura Balear is the hatchery of the Culmárex Group in Palma de Mallorca, dedicated to the production of Seabream (Sparus aurata) and Seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax) fry, the only private capital Aquaculture company in the Balearic Islands, the largest hatchery in Spain of juveniles of these species and one of the largest in the Mediterranean.
It is the leading producer of Seabream and Seabass fry for their high technical development and high quality standards in production. Adding value to the farmed Seabream and Seabass fry of Culmárex Group:
- Location: sanitary, logistical and commercial strategic location on the island of Palma de Mallorca;
- Supply of seawater: from underground sources, under anoxic conditions, free of pathogens, suspended solids and a constant annual temperature of 20 ° C;
- Certification "Friend of the Sea".
The plant has the most innovative means to control and manage fish, ensuring high quality juveniles and the best animal welfare conditions.
Three areas, Seabream, Seabass and Genetics:
- all samples of the Hatcheries egg production specimens are stocked,
- controlling photoperiod and thermo-yielding, obtaining quantity and quality throughout the year,
- breeding program, in collaboration with different companies and research organizations for continuous improvement of our fry.
During the first 35 days of life of the larva, food intake starts with rotifer and shrimp, which are produced in our own facilities, with advanced oxygenation systems, temperature, light and humidity control, optimizing all the natural resources offered by the location in which we are based.